OnePlus Nord gets the first open beta of OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12
After updating the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 8 series to Android 12, OnePlus is turning its attention to its midrange portfolio. The company has just released the first public beta of OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 for the OnePlus Nord.
According to a recent announcement on the OnePlus Community Forums, OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 is now available for the original OnePlus Nord, allowing power users to try out the new software before the public release. The release includes all the standard Android 12 features, including the privacy dashboard, camera and mic indicators and toggles, revamped home screen widgets, and more. around light and shadow, Canvas AOD, improved dark mode, Smart Battery Engine, and more.
The complete changelog for the new update is as follows:
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that extends your battery life through intelligent algorithms and biomimetic self-healing technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, using a design inspired by new materials and uniting lights and layers
- dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional styling options for maps, making data content more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including apps, settings, media data, etc.
- work-life balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance function, allowing you to effortlessly switch between work mode and life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic work/life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network and time, also bringing custom app notification profiles based on personalization
- [Supported] switch between different layouts with two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognize best quality images and crop thumbnail according to content, making gallery layout more pleasing
- DOA Canvas
- [Added] new varied styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and color adjustment support
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved facial recognition to better identify features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview for you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time]
As expected, the first beta release has some known issues, which are listed below:
- The lower left keyboard button may disappear.
- Unable to browse, delete, and upload images to the cloud.
- The personal safe may not respond.
- The anti-shake effect in Snapchat may not be obvious.
- The screen may flicker when previewing after taking photos.
Download: OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 based on Android 12 for the OnePlus Nord
If you want to try the beta version, you can download the OTA package from the link below. Once downloaded, transfer the package to the root directory of internal storage. Then navigate to Settings > System > System Updates > Local Upgrade and select the OTA package to start the installation. OnePlus notes that this installation method will not erase your user data, but we still recommend performing a full backup as a safety precaution. If you want to return to the stable channel at any time, you can do so by flashing the rollback package (link below). Note that flashing the restore package will completely erase your phone.
Source: OnePlus Community